2 Mar 2009

Back from roaming around Italy

I've just a very pleasant 2 week roaming around Italy with my wife :) The whole point of going was to do a course in Lampwork Bead making in Florence run by Tim and Lily at Beaded Lilly Glass Works. They were absolutley top hosts and I'd thoroughly recommend anyone interested in learning lampwork beads to go out to them :) This is all part of a grand plan for my wife to start up her own Lampwork Bead emporium, the website should be up at the end of the month on www.BatfishBeads.com.

This is us making beads

In other random unrelated news Xbox Live arcade went and released two of my favourite games while I was away. The first will need no introduction as everyone know it as the best shmup ever, that's right R-Type Dimensions. These are two games I've been trying to track down for years for my Arcade Machine but they always seem to come up when things are tight, so this release should sate my appitite for the time being :)

The other game was a complete outsider. Way back in my college days a craze swept my course for a game called Scorched Earth. It took place on a randomly generated landscape with tanks randomly placed on it which each player controlled. The idea was to kill everyone else on the map and be the survivor. You got cash for each kill and could bigger and better weapons, from dirt mobs which covered your opponents and they had to dig out, to Nuke which obliterated half the map. It was good fun and passed the lunchtimes quickly :) Anywho, XBox Live have just released what looks like a remake of it and it's called Death Tank. I've tried the trial and it's cracking, the number of weapons was more limited but that could be just the trial... Anywho, go check it out, it's an excellent party game :D

Workflow, in the next couple of days I'm going to start posting a series of articles on WF 4.0. I'll start off with the creating a new custom activity and work my way up from there. So keep posted for more information. These articles will be based on the PDC build, so I'll update them when the Beta becomes available :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats interesting that you like arcade boards, do you collect them and what sort of ones do you like? I used to have a cabinet but don't now for space reasons, but i do really like R-Type, i'll have to chat with you about it at the next nxtgenug.